Chocolate-Dipped Black Cherry Shortbread Cookies
(Video recipe is under the written recipe)
1 stick of butter, room temperature
¼ cup of sugar, extra for sprinkling on top
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 cup of all-purpose flour
Black cherry jam
6 ounces of milk or dark chocolate, chips or chunks
1 tablespoon of vegetable or canola oil
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and combine thoroughly.
- Shape dough into a flat disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- When dough is ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a floured surface and a floured rolling pin, roll the dough out to about ¼ thick.
- Cut into shapes and transfer onto a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet.
- Using a teaspoon, make indents in the middle of each cookie, and place a small dollop (about 1/2 teaspoon) of black cherry jam into the indent.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until the edges are slightly light brown.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes before dipping in melted chocolate.
- To make the melted chocolate, melt the chocolate pieces in the microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute, just until the chocolate pieces actually begin to loose shape.
- Add the oil into the chocolate and mix chocolate with a spoon until smooth.
- Dip half of the cookie into the melted chocolate and place onto a piece of parchment paper to let cool for 2-3 hours until chocolate has hardened.
- Serve and enjoy!