(See Video Recipe Below)
1 egg yolk
1 cup of milk
½ cup of water
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1½ tablespoons of cocoa powder
Red food color
½ cup of blackberries
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
Vanilla Cheese Cake Filling
8 ounces of Marscapone cheese
1 + 1 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and egg yolk, milk, water, salt, and sugar, vanilla, food coloring, melted butter in a whisk until foamy.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, and whisk until smooth. Let the batter sit for about an hour.
- Next, in a small mixing bowl, add the blackberries, sugar, water, and cornstarch and gently crush blackberries with a fork. Transfer to a saucepan and bring to a boil. When it comes to a boil, lower the heat and bring it to a simmer and reduce it until it is a syrupy consistency, about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the vanilla cheesecake filling by adding filling ingredients into a large mixing bowl, first mixing by hand, then finishing with a hand mixer until it’s smooth.
- When the batter is ready, heat up enough butter to coat a small non-stick pan over low-medium heat. When butter has melted, add 2 tablespoons of batter into pan and swirl around to spread the batter.
- Cook this until the top of the batter is no longer shiny, about 1 minute. Flip and cook the other side for about 10-15 seconds. Remove and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Assemble the red velvet crepes. Serve and enjoy!