Check out this week’s tip: the Butter Bomb. The Butter Bomb is a great way to infuse the flavor of fresh herbs and browned butter with your meat and seafood without burning the butter and undercooking your meat or seafood. Watch the video and see how it works!
(Check out the quick soft shell crab recipe below the video)
Soft shell crab season runs from about April to September and it is almost over! So learn this tip and then go get yourself some soft shell crabs! Yammers!
Just FYI, soft shell crabs are one of my favorites foods in the world. They are incredibly easy to prepare and work great as appetizers, lunch, or dinner. Basically, I could eat them every day. Yep, that’s how yummy they are.
Quick and Easy Soft Shell Crab Recipe
2-4 soft shell crabs, broken down and cleaned (watch video tip)
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
½ teaspoon of cayenne red pepper powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a flat dish, add flour, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne red pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Toss crabs in the seasoned flour, making sure to coat the entire crab in the mixture, while shaking any excess off.
- In a large pan, heat up the butter and oil over medium to high heat. When the butter and oil begins to bubble, gently place crabs into the pan.
- Pan-fry each side for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until nice and crispy.
- Serve with basil aioli immediately.
Juice of half a lemon
2 large basil leaves, minced
2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
Instructions: Mix all ingredients together and let stand for 5-10 minutes before using.