Chewy Cheesy Brazilian Cheese Bread
(Makes 2 dozen)
2 cups of tapioca flour
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup of shredded cheese blend
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, combine the milk, water, and olive oil and bring to a boil.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, combine the hot milk mixture with the tapioca flour and beat on medium speed.
4. Add the cheese and eggs and mix until just combined. The dough will be very soft. If necessary, add a little more tapioca flour.
5. Shape the dough into balls and transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. If the dough is too sticky, use damp hands to roll.
6. Sprinkle with extra cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and puffed up. Serve with marinara and/or chimichurri. Enjoy!